As many of you know, we have been trying to sell the store for the past several months and we haven’t found a good match. However, we have had great feedback from you our customers and we think we’ve found a way that not only keeps you stocked with your favorite organic supplies but allows us to be working on our farm more. We’re calling it Grow 2.0
Grow 2.0 is excited to offer:
- Self-Service: Many products will be available at a storage container location. There will be a list of products in the container on our website. You would simply go to the container, take what you want and write down what you’ve taken. We will keep the container stocked with Scratch and Peck, Union Point and Payback feeds, Grit, Soil, Composts and a seasonal selection of other soil amendments.
- Custom Orders: You will also be able to special order products from our website and pick them up at the storage container or have them delivered right to your door. Our website will have all the products that we supply and you will simply let us know what you want via email or filling out an online form.
- Seasonal Items:
- Plant Starts: One of the reasons we wanted to sell is so that we can focus more on growing plants. Therefore, we will still be growing veggies starts in the Spring and sharing them with you for your gardens. Just pick them up at the farm or we can deliver.
- Poultry: If you know Ketrina, you know she can’t give up her chicks! So, we are just going to move our brooders to the farm. Same format as before…you tell us how many you want from an availability list in advance and we’ll get them to you. Again, pick them up at the farm or we’ll deliver.
- Farm Fresh! (Fresh Veggies, Flowers, Honey & Jams): Don’t want the overload of a weekly CSA? We’ll post what’s in season each month at the farm, tell us what you want and pick it up once a week.
- Special Services: Many of you rely on our annual soil tests and bulk amendment orders. Yes, we’ll still do them! Drop off your test at the container and we’ll email you the results and recommendations in 2 weeks. Every spring, we have special pricing for local farmers who buy pallets of products and pick them up at the store. We will continue to have this sale for farmers, with either delivery or pickup.
- Advice. We’re still here for you! We are happy to advise on your soil, gardening, bees, chickens and whatever else we can via email, phone, and appointment.
If you are interested in continuing to use these products, all you will need is a key code and supply us with a credit card authorization form. Your card will be charged monthly for the products that you take from the self-service area. We know a lot of you are sad (and even a few are a bit mad at us) that we are closing the store. We hope that you will continue to use organic products and that you will sign up for this new Grow 2.0 service. Since we are not having to bear the burden of costs related to running a retail store, I think you will be happy with the savings that we can pass on to you, our valued customer. If you are interested in signing up for this service, please click here.