Grow Organic is for sale. We opened in February of 2012 and have been in business for over 6 years. We’ve enjoyed our work and our role in the community but it’s time for us to move on and pass the reins to someone else.
Here are some of the highlights of the business:
- Our gross revenue in 2017 was over $267,000.
- We have increase sales every year since we have been opened, some years by up to 30%
- Sales this January are already 20% higher and sales in February are 30% higher then last years period.
- The sale includes the retail business, a website (groworganics.org), email lists, social media pages and a loyal customer base.
- We have high visibility with our customers. Our retail location has always been in a high-traffic area on the main road in “The Heights” of Hood River right next to Ace Hardware and Rosauers, the main grocery store.
- Rent is currently $1780/mo at our store. A new lease will be negotiated with the owners of the building.
- We have plenty of parking and the use of a large underutilized outdoor area behind the store.
- The sale does not include the farming part of the business located at a different location which has recently been seperated into a different LLC. We hope to create a collaborative relationship with the next owners who would want to work with us as suppliers for store products we produce at our farm (plant starts, canned goods, honey, nucleus bee hives, etc).
Grow Organic has a dedicated base of customers that includes backyard gardeners, large organic farmers, livestock keepers and beekeepers and even a growing number of cannabis growers. A sampling of what we carry includes:
- Organic chicken, duck, goat, pig, sheep and other livestock feed (our biggest sellers)
- Dog and cat food (dry, wet and raw food)
- Chicks from March to July
- Vegetable and Flower Plant starts in the Spring and Summer. We have sold in the past nursery stock as well and still have wholesale suppliers in case the new owners want to pursue that area.
- Gardening tools and equipment
- Grow lights and other indoor equipment
- Seeds (both packets and bulk) along with seed potatoes, onion transplants, seed garlic, asparagus crowns and strawberry plants.
- Potting soils, composts, and other soil amendments
- Dry and liquid fertilizers
- Natural pesticides
- Books – gardening and others
- Beekeeping equipment nuclear hives in the Spring
- Fermentation and cheese making supplies
- Mushroom growing logs and plugs
There is about $53,000 in current inventory and about $10,000 in fixtures and other equipment. We are asking $85,000 for the business plus the inventory value at the time of the sale. We offer you our instruction and support for 3 months.
We provide a uniquely local role in our community and we would like to see it continue. If you are interested in owning this growing business, please contact me directly at 541-645-0029 or Jeff@groworganics.org. We are open to creative financing solutions. Please feel free to pass this along to other people who may be interested.