Over six years ago we saw a need and a way to help our community. In providing unique educational avenues, specialized organic products and customized services that help our customers reach their farming and gardening goals, we are honored to have gained such a loyal customer base at our farm and garden store in Hood River, Grow Organic.
At this point, however, it’s time for a change…a new owner with fresh energy and vision to adopt our store. Therefore, we are looking to sell Grow. We’ve enjoyed every minute and will really miss our work with each and every one of you, but it’s time for us to move on and on to other projects that await.
We know Grow fulfills a unique role in our community and therefore we would like to see it continue on with the right owner. Thus, we have priced it reasonably and are open to creative financing solutions. If you, or someone you know, are interested, please contact us to learn more about this opportunity.
Thank you everyone for your support!
Here are some of the highlights of the business:
- Our gross revenue in 2017 was over $266,000.
- We have increase sales every year since we have been opened, some years by up to 30%
- Our retail location is located in a high-traffic area on the main road in “The Heights” of Hood River right next to Ace Hardware and Rosauers, the main grocery store.
- Rent is currently $1865/mo at our store which is about 1500 sq ft. A new lease will be negotiated with the very nice owners of the building before closing.
- We have plenty of parking and the use of a large underutilized outdoor area behind the store.
- The sale does not include the farming part of the business located at a different location which has recently been separated into a different LLC. We hope to create a collaborative relationship with the next owners who would want to work with us as suppliers for some store products we produce at our farm like plant starts, canned goods, honey, nucleus bee hives, etc.
Grow Organic has a dedicated base of customers that includes backyard gardeners, large organic farmers, livestock keepers and beekeepers and even a growing number of cannabis growers. A sampling of what we carry includes:
- Organic chicken, duck, goat, pig, sheep, rabbit, and other livestock feed (our biggest seller)
- Potting soils, seed starting mixes, composts, and other soil amendments
- Dry fertilizers like Feather Meal, Kelp Meal, Azomite and a lot more
- Liquid Fertilizers from companies like Fox Farm, Elevation Organics, Roots Organics and many others
- Natural pesticides and biological pest controls
- Dog and cat food (dry, wet and raw food)
- Baby Chicks and Pullets from March to July as well as Ducks, Turkeys, Guinea Fowl and others poultry.
- Chicken Coops from a local supplier
- Vegetable and Flower Plant starts from our farm. We have also sold nursery stock in previous years and still have wholesale suppliers in case the new owners want to revive that area.
- Gardening tools and equipment
- Grow lights, fans, timers, and other indoor equipment
- Seeds – both packets and bulk – along with seed potatoes, onion transplants, seed garlic, asparagus crowns and strawberry plants.
- Beekeeping equipment (only place in Hood River) and Nucleus (starter) Hives
- Books – gardening, food making and others
- Fermentation, cheese making and other DIY supplies
- Mushroom growing logs and plugs for a local supplier
There is about $55,000 in current inventory and about $10,000+ in fixtures/fixtures and other equipment. We are asking $100,000 for the business plus the inventory value at the time of the sale. We offer you our instruction and support for 3 months.
We provide a uniquely local role in our community and we would like to see it continue. If you are interested in owning this growing business, please contact me directly at 541-645-0029 or Jeff@groworganics.org. We are open to creative financing solutions. Please feel free to pass this along to other people who may be interested.