Do you think you have a bee swarm in Hood River or sounding Gorge area? First off, don’t panic. The bees are usually not aggressive at this stage of their life cycle and are very unlikely to sting. Swarming is the natural means of reproduction of honey bee colonies.
What to do about it? Simple: Call Grow Organic at: 541-632-3478.
Please be ready to answer a few questions such as:
- Your name, address and a way to reach you. Also, will someone be there for a while?
- What does the cluster look like? We want to make sure these are bees and not wasps. If you can, take a picture and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, that would be very helpful!
- Where exactly is the swarm? How large is it? How high off the ground?
- How long has it been there?
- If we have someone come out to get it, will it be OK to cut the branch off the tree?
Even though most swarms will leave after a day or two, many swarms do not survive. We’ll have someone catch the swarm and relocate them to a hive where they can live out their days pollinating gardens and making wonderful honey for our locals to enjoy. Thank you for helping save the bees!